- In 2019, young horse age classes will be held over two days. Saturday: 4 & 5 year- olds; Sunday: 6 & 7 year-olds plus The Final Four
- Horses compete in their 4, 5, 6, or 7 years old age groups (age as of the date of competition) in a two-round jumping competition run under Article 273.2.2 / 3.3.22 -a two-round competition that takes a minimum of 25% from Round 1 to R2.
- During the competition, the young horses receive individual ‘Style’ marks from an independent panel of three judges placing them 1st-6th. The winner of each age group competes in The Final Four on Sunday for the title of Champion Young Showjumping Horse)
- Horses receive scores from 1 to 10 for Movement/Paces; Rideability/Education; Scope, Technique, and Overall Impression expected for their particular age level.
- Heights: 4-yr-old [90cm], 5-yr-old [1.05m], 6-yr-old [1.15m], and 7-yr-old [1.20m].
- Competitors must submit a Young Horse Profile (attached below) at least 10 days prior to the competition and before the close of entries
- ‘The Final Four’ winners from each age class will be ridden and assessed by the interstate guest judge to finalise which horse will become the 2016 Champion Horseland Young Showjumping Horse.
- As per FEI and EA regulations for all young horse ‘style’ competitions, all hind leg protections must have a maximum interior length of 16 cm. The width of the fastener must be at least 5 cm. Boots with the capacity to be tensioned are not allowed.
** Jumping performance points will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place getters in young horse classes at heights of 1.05m and above in classes with 15 or more competitors.